Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Monthly Round-Up : January

I started of 2019 with my flatmate Millie in Leeds.

[Sidenote: I've just noticed I always refer to my flatmates as just that instead of pals/friends etc. which makes it seem a bit distant maybe but I feel like it's understood. I wouldn't still be living with this bunch in my third year at uni if they weren't my best pals.]

Anyways, we were in Leeds for NYE (or "the bells" as the scots would say) and brought in the new year at a house party which was great fun. To be frank, the main bits of the night that I remember was  Millie eating pate on Pringles and raving about it as if she'd discovered a revolutionary delicacy and the mini WWE fight that took place on the air beds in the living room because the boys decided that would be a lovely way to end the night. It was most definitely entertaining but also heart breaking when an All Saints t-shirt got ripped in half, there was a moment of silence for the poor t-shirt RIP.

Explored London with Robyn (Flatmate #2) and the boyfriend (+ his pal) a little more. Got yummy mini pancakes at the christmas markets, spent waaaay too much at winter wonderland and had a brilliant time at Swingers. A mini golf/bar that was such a good way to end the night. Round of applause for me for coming in at second place and ensuring the money my dad spent on 2 years of golf lessons did not completely go down the drain. Then, I took the gruelling 6 hour train back to Scotland without earphones. Honestly wouldn't wish that on anyone, i had packed my book in my suitcase as well which took too much effort to close and it didn't seem worth opening again. You'll be glad to know that I did indeed survive a 6 hour train with no music or entertainment of any kind, it was a tough journey but someone had to do it I guess. I took one for the team.


Celebrated my best pal from home, Saiis's 21st birthday in London too! We had loads of plans to try to go to a bar or shisha lounge but they sorta fell through in the best way possible. We ended up getting 3 bottles of white wine and sitting in the flat; drinking and talking about life. The best kinda chats. A few whines and moans about getting older but overall a lot more laughs about the dumb things we got up to in highschool. Highlight was when Ali's mum returned from a business meeting slightly steaming and a bottle of Prosecco in hand for Saiis. It was hilarious when she ended joining our chat and talking about her school days (& parring me too, honestly I get stick from people of all ages now). It was an amazing night to celebrate the start of everyone turning 21.

After that, it was a lot of bonding time with my little town and Iain (my boyfriend). We've just been hanging out loads in between me (barely) writing this 4000 word essay that's due when the semester starts. How am I the only uni student with homework  to get done during the winter break, such an injustice I swear. We visited the V&A in dundee, cinema trips and whole lot of netflix time and him making the best dinners. Pro tip: If you have the opportunity, date an amateur chef. 

Best part of the month. Germany. (or so I presumed it would be anyways).
Somehow Carys (Flatmate #3) managed to rope the rest of us to follow her and book a quick holiday to Germany in the peak of winter. Fascinating how it didn't click to me what an awful time it would be to visit Germany till 2 weeks before we were due to depart. We did it, battled through painfully expensive train and plane tickets, stuffed excessive thermal wear in my poor, worn carry-on and had a serious group discussion about how to obtain that optimal level of cute and warm in our outfit choices. I'll do a whole post about the holiday itself but I guess you could say I was slightly underwhelmed. Still a beautiful city with so much history but I think we just picked the wrong time to visit but I'll explain more in the post. It was still the perfect start to third year, basically getting drunk off beer most nights and then subsequently getting lost in Munich and Berlin.


Talk soon xx

(p.s. it's my first post in 2019 *gasp*. I know you've heard it all before but this time it's real. I'm deffo gonna try to be more consistent, pray for me lassies)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I try to reply as soon as I can to all of them. Feel free to leave your blog links, I love checking them out :)