Saturday, March 9, 2019

Monthly Roundup: February


2019 is the year of 21st birthdays, which I LOVE.
I love having a birthday every month to look forward to which is how February began for me. We got dressed up, had some prosecco, cut some shapes on the dance floor and then proceeded to pass out in bed with my makeup on. Am still trying to train drunk me to care about my skin, it's a work in progress. 

Also celebrated my first ever Valentine's day which was really special for me. Odd to think I'm suddenly in this exclusive group of people that actually has a valentine. I made an offhand comment to Iain that it would be the first time I ever celebrated it and I can't believe how amazing he made the day. He tried to keep his plans a secret but bless him he was too excited so I managed to sneak bits and pieces out from him throughout the week. He picked me up in the morning and drove us to The Peat's Inn, a michelin starred restaurant (another first for me). We had a stunning 3-course lunch that I do think was wasted on me. It all tasted amazing but man I couldn't even finish my main after the starter, weak I know. Luckily I have Iain who will happily scarf down my leftovers. We then drove to a deer park which I always wanted to visit. We happily spent a couple hours wandering around feeding and petting the deers and watching the bears get fed. I mean it was a deer park but we got more than we paid for because there were bears, lynx, wolves too. Also a little go-kart area which I had to drag him away from when we realised the kids using it weren't leaving anytime soon. 

Next, we went to the cinema to catch Glass which I'd been begging him to see with me for weeks. James McAvoy is such a talented man, insane how he pulls of so many personas in one character. If all of this wasn't enough he booked us dinner and a night at the Malmaison in Dundee as well! Honestly, don't deserve this boy. We checked in and had dinner and dessert (creme brûlée just gets me) before heading to this 1920s speakeasy bar. First speakeasy bar Iain introduced me to and I loved the vibe. You had to go down this alley and open this inconspicuous door than you'd usually walk pass without a clue. Then you walk down to 1920s music blaring and people mingling in this small old school sorta bar. I never realised these were a thing and can't wait to try out more bars like this. Anyways, we had some cocktails, had a pint at a pub and then went back to the hotel for the best sleep I've ever had. That bed was literally the comfiest thing I had ever had the pleasure of sleeping on. Highlight of the day to be honest, second to every other moment throughout the day. 

February was also kind of hectic with assignments, third year is no joke. I only had one mini breakdown when I was stressed about assignments, I have one due every week and it got a bit too much. I had a lil cry went to bed and felt refreshed the next day, sort of nice to get all your feelings out in the open once in a while. I'm still in the assignment rut, handed in a Visual Abstract yesterday and now I have to work on an essay due Wednesday. Uni's a dream eh? Also this month was was a long battle of me and poached eggs. I successfully managed to make them once by myself. Other times my flatmates or Iain has come to my much needed rescue. Any tips on how to get the eggs to not fall apart in the water? Also, do you poach in a pan or a pot, ongoing debate at home?

I was excited to attend one of the fashion shows but it was cancelled unfortunately due to the weather. We find this out an hour before we were meant to leave by the way. SO I had spent 3 hours prepping and priming myself, a painful 40 minutes alone trying to wing my eyeliner with red liquid lipstick and take on the battle of false lashes only for my flatmate to walk in the door fully dressed as we'll and laughing because apparently we wasted all our makeup for nothing. I mean we still went out and got drinks and spent the night at the union because we were sooo not putting on full faces of makeup for nothing. February went by pretty fast, my clinical psychology lectures have finally begun which am very excited about. Brand new motivation to wake up on time and make it to my 9ams. That is the goal for March, fingers crossed I make it through huns.

Talk soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I try to reply as soon as I can to all of them. Feel free to leave your blog links, I love checking them out :)