Sunday, March 24, 2019

Spa Day!


For Iain's birthday, I wanted to treat him to something a little special. Odd fact, for some reason he did a course on massages, no idea why but it has benefited me immensely. Unfortunately, my hands are not as well-trained as his so the massages he gets in return probably does anything but relax him. So, I figured a nice birthday present idea would be to treat him to his first proper spa day, including a facial and massage Had a wee look through itison.com and found some vouchers for exactly that at The Coach House in Kinross. It was a bit of a drive for St. Andrews, and I figured he'd rather have some company instead of having a spa day by himself. Just unselfish me wanting to keep him company at the spa, totally not after a massage myself of course just me being a usual saint. 


It was this huge estate that turned its guest house into a spa and hotel. The main estate (first pic) is still owned by the family who visits time to time but it's mainly now being rented out for big events, weddings and that sort of thing. When we first arrived, we were given robes, towels and flip flops  and immediately treated to an hour in the hydrotherapy pool and sauna. That pool was amazingggg, the jets were never switched off for longer than a second to ensure a constant stream of bubbles. We didn't spend too long in the sauna because the heat and humidity was actually insane, I much rather relax in the pool anyways. 

After that, we walked upstairs to our 55-minute full-body signature massages. Honestly, one of the best massages I've ever gotten. My mum and I love the odd Thai massage so we get them quite often when I'm home for the summer as our little bonding time. The massage at the spa was definitely comparable. It was so relaxing and there was a point it felt like I was floating almost, I was definitely drowsing in and out of consciousness. It was so difficult to keep awake and not relax (too much) into the massage. Later, we were given a refreshing facial and it was the most pleasant experience. It was  probably my first time getting a facial and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I'd watch an acupuncture video earlier that week and the physician was talking about "chi", the energy that flows within your body and basically how acupuncture promotes this energy flow throughout the body. Oddly enough, I felt a similar sensation when she was massaging my face.  It almost felt like the firm pressure from her fingers were distributing the energy throughout my face. I know this sounds weird, but i don't know how else to describe it so just go with me on this one. It was amazing period. Also, whatever oils and scrubs she used was stunning, my face and body felt incredibly soft and I smelled like the spa for days. 

After the treatments, we were allowed to rest in the "relaxation room" and they gave me with a yummy glass of prosecco (Iain got coffee instead because he was driving, too bad hun) to enjoy on the lounge chair. We were allowed to stay for however long but we left after half an hour or so desperate for food. The lovely day ended with a massive Chinese buffet for our dinner.

Ahhhh I could not express more how relaxing this entire day was. I love spa days so much. It was exactly what I needed to unwind after a few stressful weeks of uni work. Guess Iain's birthday present turned into a joint present whoops. 

Talk soon xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I try to reply as soon as I can to all of them. Feel free to leave your blog links, I love checking them out :)