Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Monthly Roundup: April

Source: Lightbox St Andrews
April was a pretty great month. The sun's been gracing us with her presence more often which means I've spent quite few days out of my house. There were a couple big events this month. The first being the fashion show I'm apart of coming to life. It was such an exhausting week of prep leading up to it considering I was juggling writing an important research proposal for my developmental psychology module. I wanted to hand in a decent proposal but obviously didn't want to steer from my duties in the Front of House team for the fashion show. Somehow, managed it and while I haven't received migrates yet for the proposal, I can safely say the show went off without a hitch. I mean sorta anyways. There was a small breakdown in which my response to a friend asking "How are you?" led to me crying because I managed to lose a tiny remote for our LED feature furniture. Found it in the end and also we found out we could turn on the LED seats without the remote, so the crisis was eventually averted.

Other than that, I had a grand time. I was so impressed by the selection of designers and clothing the fashion team managed to source and find sponsors for. Such creative looks from all over the world, including Indian and Japanese designers as well as brands from London creatives. I was excited that my flatmates made it even though they had a rough night out the previous night so thanks for the effort team, appreciate it more than you know. We spent the evening drinking shots form the ice luge, surprisingly making a bid and winning a prise in the auction, dancing away and wincing in our heels (well their heels, I wore brand new white platforms which were a mistake to a wear to a marquee set up in the middle of a muddy field). It was a brilliant night and it was just so good to see everything come together. You're not always aware about what's happening behind the scenes with other teams and committee members and then suddenly in one day, everything comes together and it's her to believe a bunch of students put on this show and raised a substantial amount of money for charity.

Then it was St Andrews Fight Club. Yes, you heard it right. Someone at the university was so inspired by the movie he managed to create a similar event and recruit 20 students to partake and box it out in a ring for not really any prize other than the glory of beating up their fellow student in front of hundreds of people. Turns out it was a very successful venture, so we attended the second Fight Night that was held this year. Well, we mainly attended because my darling boyfriend decided it would be a wise idea to volunteer to be one of the fighters and get battered in a boxing ring. The event usually recruits students with not much boxing experience and gives them 3 months of training before the actual fight. It was nerve wrecking leading up to it even if Iain was so confident about winning, no one actually wants to see their boy get punched about. In the end, I had nothing to worry it seems because Iain managed to snag a win by the second round out of three as his opponent conceded. I was so proud of him and it was amazing to see him so happy with himself. He worked hard for it - all those weeks of early morning runs, hours upon hours of sparring and training finally
proved fruitful. So that was actually such a great night and am still really proud and happy for him.

Other than that, April consisted of enjoying the creeping sunnier days and spending more time outdoors. We had a particularly hot weekend during the Rugby 7s game at the university so it was fun to get some beer and sit out, watch the game and enjoy the heat. We ended up grabbing some Nandos and trotting down to the beach for more lazing around. I forget what a brilliant place St. Andrews is to live in when its gorgeous out, to have the beach at our finger tips, it's not something I take advantage off often. Classes have been dying down as well but with the free time comes revision week. My exams are just after the 1st week of May so not tooooo long now which is making me a bit nervous. It's just so much harder to force yourself to sit in a cramped stuffy library when outside is looking sunny and so inviting but it's time to crack down. 

We saw Avengers as well a couple days after it premiered. It gave me such anxiety to scroll through twitter and hope I don't accidentally read any spoilers so glad I've checked that off the list. It was bittersweet, for a gal that grew up with the Marvel movies and whose dad was a major Marvel comics fan, it was almost a bonding thing. Sad to see the end of the era especially for my favourite avenger. 

Talk soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I try to reply as soon as I can to all of them. Feel free to leave your blog links, I love checking them out :)