Saturday, July 9, 2016

Mary-Lou Manizer


This just arrived in the mail today and gosh was I excited! The highlighter frenzy is everywhere, that much is certain. For the longest time I was looking for a highlighter that would suit my darker complexion and wouldn't break the bank. Obviously I was lusting after the Becca highlighters especially "Champagne Pop" but I couldn't justify the price but then I stumbled upon The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer. I saw someone on youtube use this in a 'grwm' video and I fell in love with the natural but stunning highlight it gave. I got mine from lookfantastic just because it was that tiny bit cheaper than feelunique or any other online store really. Honestly, when you're in college every penny (in this case £1.50) counts. Firstly, how cute is the packaging?! The balm always has the most adorable packaging for its products and the cutest names too. I've heard so many good things about them and I'm so glad I finally decided to purchase something from their line. Previously, I was using Benefit's High Beam and while it is a pretty good liquid highlight, I wanted to try out a more gold/bronze tone shade too. That's also why I opted for Mary-Lou rather than Betty-Lou or Cindy-Lou, which are the other shades in the highlighter/bronzer range. I only just got this today but I already adore it. I swept the highlighter across my cheekbones, bridge of my nose and cupid's bow for an all over glow and it looked brilliant. I even used it on my brow bone and inner corner of my eyes. It's super pigmented and feels almost buttery at the touch. Not chalky at all. You can either diffuse the colour with a more fluffier brush or layer it on for an intense glow. It is really easy to bend out and I prefer doing that for a more subtle glow to suit everyday wear. I'm so glad it works well for my tan skin cause that's always my biggest worry when buying face products. Will it suit my skin tone?? Thankfully, it does. I also love that you can use it as an eyeshadow too because let's be real, products that multi-task are every girl's favourite travel companion. I can't wait to try out more products from this brand. I've already got my eye on their matte eyeshadow palettes next.

Talk soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I try to reply as soon as I can to all of them. Feel free to leave your blog links, I love checking them out :)