Saturday, February 23, 2013
I wanted to share my new boots with you. My amazing dad bought me these Harley Davidson boots and I love them soo much. I've been looking for a pair of combats boots for a while and I happened to mention it to my dad and next thing I knew, these beauties were bought for me.
It has a black leather exterior with silver details and a thick, chunky sole. At first glance, I thought the sole was too thick and it would be heavy to lug my feet around all day but guess what? It wasn't (no surprise here). I grew to love them eventually. They weren't really comfortable at the beginning but I broke it in after a few more uses. I've been wearing them a lot so they are pretty scuffed up but nothing a little polish can't fix. I can't find the exact pair of boots and I don't know what mine are called (I forgot to check before I threw the box away haha) but I found these Jammie boots online that were more or less alike. They are pretty pricey but they are amazing quality and really worth the investment if you are going to wear them often. I love my pair and can't recommend them enough to you!
Monday, February 18, 2013
I"m pretty sure everyone and their mother (probably their cat too) has heard about the Revlon Lip Butters.
I'm pretty sure the hype has come and gone but I do still see a few reviews pop up here and there.
Well, I'm really late but I figured I might as well add in my thoughts to the lot.
I bought it in the shade Peach Parfait while I was in the states (at Walmart). They had a good selection there but most were sold already. The shade I wanted most Berry Smoothie and Raspberry Pie but they both were all gone. Anyways, I'm quite happy with Peach Parfait, which is a shimmery nude-y pink/peach colour.
The packaging is really cute. I like the patterned casing and it's clear on top so you can see the colour easily when stored. It does get a bit grimy around the rims after a while with the product moving up and down but it's really not too bad.
I have to say though I really like it!
At first not so much , I felt like it didn't go on as smoothly as I expected it too and it just wasn't that comfortable but I continued to use it a couple more times and changed my mind.
After a couple of times, the balm consistency appeared and it applied so smoothly and felt really moisturizing on. Granted it doesn't last too long on your lips and you might not get the best pigmentation (at least from this colour) but overall it's great! I have to warn you though, it melts pretty easily so it may not be the best thing to keep in your purse for a long while or leave in your car (during summer at least). One thing i'm not too fond off with this colour is that I find it may be a bit too shimmery for me. I'm sure you can see the glitter from the pictures above. If you like that sort of thing then this is perfect for you but if you don't then you might want to skip this colour. I'm deffinitely going to get more though.
Is Peach Parfait the only really shimmery one or are the rest alike?
Thursday, February 14, 2013
Happy Valentine's Day!
It's the 14th here already so I thought I'd show you what has been on my nails recently.
It's a really sweet and simple design that I'm pretty sure most of you can do. The criss cross pattern on my ring finger though might be a little tricky to do free hand. I used a nail art stamp set to do that. I'd never been able to do it otherwise but if you have the gift of steady hands, let me know how it turns out. The heart was done free hand but if you're not confident use scotch tape as a stencil.
A post will be coming soon on that stamp set so you can see how it works.
Anyways, Happy Valentine's Day to all you lovebirds out there and to all the single peeps; Grab a friend and have fun. Valentine's Day is suppose to be celebrated with your loved ones not just your boyfriend.
Hope you all have a great day!
Monday, February 11, 2013
which is still one of favourite books by her. I've read every single one of her novels (except Girl in the Mirror) and own 6 of them.
My favourites are P.s. I Love You (no brainer here) Where The Rainbow Ends (I think this is called
Love, Rosie in the US), If You Could See Me Now and The Gift.
P.s. I Love you was adapted into a film which I have watched and I think it was pretty good. (mainly because uh well....Gerard Butler) and has currently 3 of her books being made into movies.
She writes the most inspiring books that always makes me think a little after closing the book. The Gift made me
One Hundred Names happens to be her latest book. When I saw it sitting proudly on the shelf, I grabbed it. Saying sorry to the nice lady who was reaching for it and ran to the cashier. I know. Dramatic much?
But it was a reflex and just look how gorgeous the cover is. If you look closely, you can see names written all over the front and back in a swirly font. Well, I mean obviously cause y'know one hundred...names.
I don't want to give anything away so i'm just going to say that if you happen to find it while browsing around the shops, why not give it a try.
Friday, February 8, 2013
Hey! So I've seen this tag floating about the blogosphere a lot recently. I thought it is a pretty fun tag and I did enjoy reading other bloggers version so I thought why not do my own.
- Only a handful of people call me by my full name. I'm mostly known as Sham. (Even my Standard 5 Science teacher called me that!)
- I've only been admitted in the hospital twice my whole life. Once when i was very young and the second time, around three days ago.
- One of my fondest memories happen to be the first time I was admitted in the hospital.
- I have never broken any bones, fractured anything or pull/tore any muscles.
- I love traveling.
- I want to live in America someday.
- I have two dogs and a pond full of fish.
- My last name happens to have two of The Wanted (A band I'm obsessed with) members names in it. So basically, we're practically married....
- I've always been pretty tough but recently (after watching The Impossible) the sight of blood or anything to do with it makes me a little nauseous.
- I love Pretty Little Liars and Friends.
- I know it's weird but I really really like Ikea. I don't even know why.
- I have Asthma.
- I am a huge bookworm.
- I am extremely indecisive. So much so that even I get annoyed with myself!
- I hate getting tan! To make matters worse, I get tan so darn easily.
- I'm kinda scared to start driving.
- I wish I could keep a tiger as a pet. I get so fascinated by them
and i wish people would stop killing them.
- I am so short.
- I could fall asleep literally anywhere.
- I prefer sweets to salts (e.g. chocolate to crisps)
- I hate mosquitoes.
- I went on an student exchange program to Australia for two weeks when I was 12. One of my most memorable experiences ever.
- I want to have a white Christmas.
- Because of my height, I look a lot younger than I actually am. I still get mistaken for a 12 year old. It comes in handy sometimes, I can getaway with paying less for a movie ticket.
- I've stood on an ostrich egg before when I was younger (it didn't break)