Monday, October 8, 2018

Why am I only discovering gel nails now?


I always loved having painted nails on. I feel a little more put together and sophisticated when my nails are all neat and glossy. It's like every other aspect of my life may be in shambles but at least my nails look good. Not to mention, how satisfying it is to type out notes in lectures with a manicure or how good your hands look while driving when your nails are a little more glam-ed up. Except, trying to do them myself is an impossible task on its own. I'm not that great at painting my right hand especially so it always ends up with one hand looking fine while the other will never see the light of day. I'm also always so impatient when I do them myself, either I am attempting to multitask or I haven't waited long enough for them to dry. So they end up smudged on furniture or chipped within a few hours which bugs me so much when they aren't perfectly smooth to the touch. Not to mention, since I usually do them at night too, 9 out of 10 times I end up waking up with imprints on my nails from a night rolling around under the covers.


This is why whenever I save up some pennies, I try to treat myself to get them professionally done. I mean going to the nail parlour and sitting down for a few hours for me time itself is a perfect treat yourself day. However, I seem to be one of those girls that would get a gorgeous manicure and literally between paying at the counter and walking out the door, it seems as if I ventured through some sort of battlefield only to come out the other side with not one, not two but three smudged/chipped nails. Okay fine maybe it's not always three but that was my most recent traumatic experience. I somehow always manage to ruin them at least a tiny bit in less than a few hours.

So considering how unlucky I am with nails, I don't know why I never considered getting gel nails done. Like why am I only now realising how amazing they are?? The fact that they don't chip/smudge and they last waaaay longer. I'm the type of girl that never removes my nail polish and instead just deal with chipped, ratchet looking nails for weeks and slowly picks at the polish until they're gone. Chipped nails are just part of my aesthetic and definitely not because I'm too lazy to spend 5 minutes removing them. Whereas with gel nails on, these have lasted an entire week in perfect condition. Through hair washes and building DIY cabinets with my dad, it wasn't an easy week for them but am proud to say they survived. It's week 2 now and they only have a few minor chips that aren't too noticeable which is fair enough. I think they are meant to be able to go 3-4 weeks before you can get them removed. They didn't take any longer to do than a normal manicure and ever the soak-off removal is free.

I chose my usual red because when am I ever without red nails to be honest but also I figured they would look good during my beach getaway especially with my white bikini. So far it's all pros in my eyes, but my only true concern is the condition of nails when I finally get them removed. While, I really don't think they'd be too awful, I'll definitely update this post when I get them removed next week. In my opinion, I feel like spending a little extra to have beautiful, glossy nails last way longer than they usually would is a definite win.


Talk soon xx


(Also disclaimer: I have nO idea why my hands look disfigured. I mean I know I don't have the prettiest hands but even I was stunned by these pics.... or maybe I just stared at them too long while editing the pictures that they've started morphing into claws in my eyes. Anyways, sorry if I scared you with my ugly hands but have a good day!)


2 comments:

  1. I get what you mean about having painted nails makes you feel more put together, i always put it off but when I do them I feel so much better! I love the look of these gels, such a pretty colour! :) Love this post!

    Lily Loves | https://www.lilyloves.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I dread doing them cause it takes ages for me personally, but can't feeling a little better about myself whenever i have them done. Thank you!

      Delete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I try to reply as soon as I can to all of them. Feel free to leave your blog links, I love checking them out :)