Thursday, July 26, 2018

Festival season!

How depressing is it that festival season is looming to an end now, basically one of the indicators that summer is almost over. Okay fine, summer's half way through but still. Good Vibes Festival was basically the only thing I had to look forward to this summer, because of my internship, I just haven’t had time nor the energy to plan anything else fun so you could say I was pretty excited for a fun weekend away from my current life that seems to only revolve around my job. Anyway I thought I’d share one of my outfits for the 2-day festival.

We drove up to Genting Highlands and stayed at a hotel at the most odd location. It was basically perched on this cliff at the furthest end of the highland. It wasn’t too bad actually. There was a shuttle provided to get to the main mall and cable cars area and the air was crisp and cool because we were closer to the forest. It was sorta gorgeous in the morning, if you were awake early enough you could see the fog slowly rolling in over the massive stretch of green dense forest. All the artists were so impressed that they get to perform basically “in the middle of the jungle”, it wasn’t really because the area was pretty developed but still I guess driving up the serene highlands to perform at a big festival in the midst of it was a new experience for most. It was kind of amusing to see how in awe they were, I sort of appreciate the highlands a lot more now. It is gorgeous. Not to mention the fact that the air was cooler helped sooooo much when you’re dancing around and pressed close to a couple thousand people.


It was still warm enough for shorts especially after the dancing and sweating, so I decided to go with this co-ord set from DollsKill. I mentioned how in love I was with the website in the previous post so when I got that top, I picked up this set for the festival.I had to alter the top a bit because it was a little too big for my frame but it was an easy fix and it fit nicely after. Initially, I wasn’t a huge fan of the colour or patterned because I felt like I was wearing my grandmother’s old curtain to a festival but it grew on me. I planned to add back a little edge to the floral pattern and feminine lilac colour with some silver necklaces and my black combat boots but ended up throwing on gold jewellery instead to match my gold star earrings. I actually really like the earrings, they give such a fun look, think an obsession with star patterns is brewing. I went with a sparkly pink eyeshadow look that day as well to keep up with the colour scheme. I stole borrowed my sister’s Yes Please, Colourpop palette and used to shimmery pink/gold shade together with some matte darker reddish hues from my Tartelette in Bloom palette. Raz lent me her Becca highlighter in Champagne Pop to top op over my blush (NAR's Orgasm of course). Finished off with Kat Von D’s liquid lipstick in Lolita and topped it with Fenty’s gloss bomb. It was a pretty simple look but I decided to add a touch of blue liner to my lower lash line because why not? I wasn’t sure how it would look but it actually complimented the pink eyeshadow so well.

I didn’t get a picture of my day 1 outfit because well day 1 was just a mess really, we were late and I almost missed my favourite act. We arrived an hour after we intended because we got lost looking for the cable cars (in our defence the mall was massive and there were barely any directions anywhere) and the entire journey just took longer than anticipated. We had to queue up for ages as well to collect our wristbands, guess everyone else had the same idea on when to arrive. On the bright side, I guess I get to reuse this outfit for the mini festival our uni is throwing during fresher’s week in September. Pic or it didn’t happen innit? Still day 1 was my favourite day, i only missed maybe 20 mins of Louis The Child but still enjoyed the rest of it, I had the best time dancing to Vince Staples and What So Not’s set as well. Sza was beaut, she is actually the sweetest person ever. I didn’t realise how cute and down to earth she is. The next day, singing along to Honne was amazing and we even had a blast at Lorde’s set which we weren’t even planning on staying for. She was brilliant! Amazing performer and so engaging with the audience, honestly don’t understand how she didn’t get out of breath while she was dancing around and singing. It was actually such a brilliant weekend but am now back to the office life. The only downside is that I now have nothing to look forward to for the rest of the summer but at least I know I’m already looking forward to retuning to GVF next year.

Talk soon xx

6 comments:

  1. Oh I know, the thought that August is pretty much here is so saddening to me because I don't want the summer to end and the cold weather to come! Okay, I know I am getting a bit ahead of myself, but still, what happened to June and July? They really seemed to fly by! I must admit, I actually haven't been to a festival in about 4 years now, I know crazy! But personally, I much prefer traveling to different and unique countries or spending my time relaxing at home, however, I think I will have to get to a festival just for the sake of experiencing it!

    www.beingisabella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! I genuinely don't understand how the first 2 months of summer has come and gone like that, but at least we have one more month to make the most of before the autumn air sweeps in. I honestly love travelling but I do enjoy a good gig every once and a while too. You should definitely give it a whirl! Maybe pick one that features most of your fav artists and I can guarantee that you'd have a good laugh (most of the time anyways) ((the overpriced food and drinks are no laughing matter, i curse capitalism every time i step foot on festival grounds)). Hope ya get to experience one soon xx

      Delete
  2. Obsessed with your co-ord! Sounds like such a lovely time!

    Lily Loves | https://www.lilyloves.net/2018/07/how-to-detox-your-wardrobe-step-by-step.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lily! I had definitely had a blast that weekend x

      Delete
  3. You look amazing in that co-ord, hope you had an amazing time!
    Grace xx
    gracexkate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post - I love your outfit! :) Super perfect for a festival!
    -Jenna <3
    Follow me back? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I try to reply as soon as I can to all of them. Feel free to leave your blog links, I love checking them out :)