Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Failed thrifting attempt

A couple weekends back, I rounded up my friends for a little trip to this big thrift store 30 minutes away from us. We had pancakes for brunch, finally satisfying my cravings and solidifying my stance in the pancakes over waffles category before heading over there. Not gonna lie, it was a massive fail. The store just had soooo many items, there was a crazy amount to go through and the rails were packed closely and it was a hot day and it just didn't really work out to be honest. There was of course some decent items in there but when I did finally find something good, I couldn't really justify the price for it or it was just too big of a fit for me. I think one of my pals did end up successful so I guess maybe it wasn't a total thrift failure. I was just a little disappointed, I have no clue why I thought it was going to be like discovering buried treasure and getting to leave with an armful of reasonably priced gems. I haven't lost all hope though, am planning to hit another pretty popular thrift store at some point too so hopefully I end up with a little more luck there. We ended up just leaving and driving to a mall and wandering through the usual highstreet stores (I didn't buy anything, self control: 1 me: 0) which brings me to this little OOTD I have for you ft. Dans the bestie. 

If you're thinking the jeans look a little familiar, then you probably might want to scroll down a little on the blog to refresh your memory because yes, these are indeed the new jeans I recently hauled! Honestly, obsessed with them. I am usually terrified of wearing anything white, especially especially on my bottom half because I'm just not the most careful person. I'm oblivious sometimes and almost always a klutz so accidentally dropping half my plate of spaghetti on my lap while attempting to ingest it or sitting down for 2 seconds in the park because I forget what I have on and having to leave with green tinted grass-stained jeans isn't quite out of the ordinary for me. It probably explains the severe lack of this colour in my wardrobe. Something I'm hoping to change because I always feel that white adds that lil bit of chic/class to outfits. With this jeans, I felt it did just that, adding something a little extra than the usual basic blue denim. The fit was perfect, the stripes added inches to my legs and the belt loops actually managed to fit my slightly wider belts!! An overall win win situation really. I paired it with a yellow off shoulder top from Dolls Kill. A website that I recently fell in love with but will probably never order from again because of the exorbitant customs charges. An incredibly short tragic love story I might say. It has that edgy but feminine style that I usually gravitate towards to and stocks quite a few other cool brands too like I.AM.GIA and Lazy Oaf. Not like I could afford anything from them but ya know, it's nice to know the option is there if I accidentally stumble upon millions at some point. If you live in America, I highly recommend you check it out because you'll be lucky enough to find cute decent-priced items while avoiding the insane shipping prices. I decided to accessorise with my white Adidas Stan Smiths to keep in theme with the crisp fresh look the jeans brought. I also threw on these tortoise cat-eyed sunglasses I got for a bargain at a flea market in Rome, a random black tote bag from a uni event, and a black belt with this really sick snake buckle detailing. Felt like the belt shook up the feminine look a little and went so well with the stripes on the jeans. You can't really tell but I also used my Fenty gloss bomb that day and I don't know what it is but I genuinely felt like my lips looked a little bigger and fuller, couldn't stop staring at them. Such a gorgeous and flattering lip product, I've definitely been converted to the glossy lip look since getting it. 10/10 would recommend.

Talk soon xx

2 comments:

  1. I must admit, I've always been super impressed of those who have the ability go into a thrift store and come out with three big bags of items! In truth, it's kind of a hit or miss opportunity because you never really know what you will find and if there will be you'll size. I think the whole thrifting style is not really what suits me best either, but it can look killer on others. I adore the pants/trousers your wearing here and how you paired them with the yellow tube top. What a great street-style look!

    www.beingisabella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree!! It can get a bit overwhelming at first but the times where you walk away with a few hidden gems defy make up for it. Thank you xx

      Delete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I try to reply as soon as I can to all of them. Feel free to leave your blog links, I love checking them out :)