Saturday, July 7, 2018

Shopping with money I don't have


hello, is anyone else as pleased as I am with how summery my lil buys are??
I didn't even realise myself until looking at these pictures and I'm quite chuffed. I mean it's not exactly like unicorns have spat rainbows on my bed but am slowly but surely adding some life to my goth wardrobe. I fell ill last week and had 3 days off work to recover so obviously I decided to use one of those days to "recover" in the mall. I was planning on trying to find something for the festival I'm going to in a couple weeks and I came out semi-victorious. Not gonna lie but I'm not that impressed with the stores at the moment. Not sure if it's some awkward mid-season choices but I didn't fancy very many things they had in stock. These white jeans from Mango are the exception though, I tried them on and fell in love. Literally, had 5 outfit combinations rush to my head in the fitting room and even though I don't need anymore pairs of jeans, I manage to justify this purchase because my wardrobe isn't home to any white straight-legged jeans. I'm already excited to style them for uni in Autumn. I picked up a bikini top (& bottom that I've forgotten to photograph) from H&M. Nothing special, just a cute lil bikini in case there's an impromptu holiday happening (HINT) ((please please I beg someone goes with me on holiday, I'm suffocating from this 9-6 working life)). 


And we've reached the 2 pieces that could actually be considered festival worthy. Those striped pants are gorgeous! They're such a fun colourful print and so so sooo flattering on the bum. I need to sort through my wardrobe and decide 2 outfits for the festival but hopefully I incorporate them because I do adore them, they sorta elevate my mood when I have them on. The cheetah print bandeau top was from Topshop. Definitely an abnormal purchase from yours truly. I pride myself for keeping my outfits minimalistic yet chic and animal print has never ever been an option. In fact, always thought it would that trend I'd never touch since the early 2000s crazy neon zebra/cheetah pattern phase everyone else went through. I think I'm just a bit bored with my all black&white looks and when I saw this I couldn't help picturing it as a cute night out outfits. Or even with the white jeans and a thick belt, it'd be a cute look. A curveball from the usual basic ensembles I choose. I did like that even though it is cheetah print the colours were a little muted. I feel you can very easily cross the line into tacky/flashy when it comes to animal print so I like it wasn't the case with this piece. 

Last stop was in Sephora, went in for Riri's lip gloss and came out with two extra pieces (as you do). I mentioned wanting the lip gloss in the last post so am excited to finally get my hands on it. I've never been one of those ultra shiny pucker lip gloss girl but think I may be converted. I love the coral subtle glossy look this gives so can't wait to try it out tomorrow when I grab lunch with my pals. Fingers crossed, all the reviews are right when they claim it doesn't have a sticky finish. That would be my absolute pet peeve. I also picked up a lipstick from 3CE, a Korean makeup brand from Stylenanda. I'd never perused their stand before but when I did, it was their lipstick shades that caught my eye. They were pretty shades of nudes, browns and reds, they sorta remind me of Kim K's new lipstick range but this particular shade peaked my interest most.  Well, it was one out of maybe 3 because they were the ones that I could actually swatch as the testers of the rest were completely out. Bit of an impulse buy because I hadn't read any reviews or done much research into it. Picked it for its colour but hopefully the formula is just as decent. Another impulse buy is this gel blush. You know when you line up at the check out counter and they have a little aisle of mini products or samples and stuff and well I fell victim. Turns out, this sephora blush was on discount so I payed a little over than a tenner for it. Absolute steal so hopefully this gem doesn't disappoint. 

Hope everyone else is having a fab summer and having much more exciting adventures or holidays wherever you are. Please send all your happy, sunny vibes to poor old me stuck at her boring desk job. 

Talk soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I try to reply as soon as I can to all of them. Feel free to leave your blog links, I love checking them out :)