Friday, June 22, 2018

What's the fentea?

Killawatt Highlighter - Trophy Wife, Match Stix (Concealer) - Walnut
Sorry I couldn't resist the title, I've been using twitter too much I know. Also, yep I'm severely late on the Fenty bandwagon with this post but if it helps I tried Riri's products around late last year and scrolling through my photos I cam across these photos and figured it's never too late to share my 2 cents about the whole Fenty craze. Actually, I'm just gonna speak about these 2 products here but if you'd like to know my opinion about Fenty in general, I wrote a little article here for my student newspaper last year (omg only now am I realising I wasn't credited for my article...yet again!! ughhhhh). On the bright side this may come a little handy considering, I've been using the products for over half a year now so maybe it's a little more helpful than a first impressions type post. The fact that I'm running out of the concealer and have barely left a mark on my highlighter may give you an idea about where this post is heading. 

So on a day trip to Edinburgh last year, while waiting around for the bus back to St Andrews we decided to wander around Harvey Nichols. Always a bad bad idea because when does "wandering around" the makeup section of a department store ever end well for your bank account. I did get a bit excited when I saw the Fenty stand not gonna lie, I've watched and read sooo many reviews that all I really wanted was to swatch a couple cult-favourite products. Namely, Trophy wife to be honest. I wanted to see this gold glistening highlighter in the flesh. I was not disappointed, the pigmentation of this product is insane and it looks stunning on the skin, it doesn't fade to just a yellowish glitter look instead gives a beautiful golden shimmer on the skin. I was awed but I'll admit that the only reason I got it was from a couple nice comments from the sales assistant about how "trophy wife was maaade for my skin tone" and how I "pulled it off so effortlessly". How she could be so fake enthusiasm that much about the highlighter on me under the harsh white lights of the store I still don't know but kudos to her because it worked and next thing I know I was shelling out more money than I intended to. I really wasn't planning on buying it because it just didn't really seem realistic for everyday use, I'm not the type of person to wear a blinding highlight on the go so even till now it looks barely touched. I have used it for a few eye looks for some balls and it looked gorgeous in the inner lid but i'll admit I had a couple regrets buying it. Not the product itself, I just wish I got a different shade maybe Hustla Baby or Moscow Mule. They seem a little more wearable day to day for me. It's a beautiful product to have for a makeup junkie but if you aren't constantly experimenting with your look or attempting a daily golden goddess look then I recommend a different shade.

The concealer though I do quite like and use everyday. Think most people buy the match six to highlight/contour but I was running out of my fav Nars concealer so I figured I'd give this one a go. I did have my doubts because I didn't know if a stick formula would be the best for my dry skin but once again I was convinced by that sales lady that it'd be fine. Honestly, am probably every sales assistant's bff considering how easily persuaded I am to do their every bidding. I'm practically flinging money at them after a few well-placed compliments. It's an absolute curse. In the end the concealer wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, over moisturiser it worked well and didn't crease on my skin and man did it last long. I'd be out at uni the entire day with no reapplication and it would barely have faded off my skin. The best thing about it was how beautifully it blends, it's such a pigmented creamy product that blending it was so quick and easy in the morning. Something I was worried about considering I was used to the ease of blending liquid formulas, I wasn't sure if it would match up but it ended up being the faster alternative. I wonder if the only reason i'm not 100% sold is because I'm unsure if I was colour matched properly. I always thought I had a warm undertone but they matched me with a neutral which I felt made my face look a little dull. I also think I should have gotten a shade lighter because I mainly conceal my dark circles and using a concealer the shade of my skin tone made my under eyes look a little flat instead of brightening them up and making me look awake. I would definitely repurchase the concealer but will probably try a different shade in the future, it's also a slightly cheaper alternative to my favourite Nars radiant creamy concealer. That's pretty much my thoughts on these two, I'm already eyeing the gloss bomb next and while I don't wear foundation I think if I do start, Fenty's the place I'm heading to. 

Talk soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I try to reply as soon as I can to all of them. Feel free to leave your blog links, I love checking them out :)