Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Second Year - done!


Andddd that's a wrap on my second year of university! Honestly the years are literally flying by at this point. Second year was a bit of a messy one but I enjoyed every little bit of it. I think I would count this year as my "honeymoon year", a large part of it compromised of friends, partying, travels and a sneaky Fall Out Boy concert thrown into the mix. I definitely made the most of it, cruising through my last year of fun before things get serious in third and fourth year. And I do mean very serious. Considering I'll be doing 10 modules next year, I'm sure any free time I have will be happily spent catching up on sleep. I didn't get any particular revelations in second year, it was more about cementing the foundation of friends and studies that I built in my first year of uni and painting it all with more brilliant memories. Among the usual balls and fashion shows we St Andreans dutifully attend each year, I picked up golf again, spent winter break in Australia and spring break in Italy, had the most enlightening experience work shadowing a psychiatrist in Glasgow and spent significantly more time reading for fun again. I've gotten closer to loads of special people around me and befriended a couple new faces as well. I had my usual regrets about leaving revision to the last minute and went through the typical breakdown and ice cream binging nights of panic but yknow' what else is new?



I thought I'd share some disposable camera memories for a change on this blog, also something new I really enjoyed playing with recently. I picked up one from boots just to mess around with on my holiday Italy and ended up really loving how all the pictures turned out. There's something about flipping through physical copies of photographs that makes the memories all the more vivid, I remember more about those exact moments in time when I glance at the 4R pictures than when I scroll through them on my phone. Also, sharing pictures with your family or friends from your holidays are soooo much better when they're physical copies. I'm attending a festival next month and want to pick up a disposable camera for the weekend just to catch some fun pictures, hopefully they turn out just as decent. Am also spending a fair share of my summer partaking in this internship at the International Psychological centre of Malaysia. It starts next week and already it all seems a little daunting considering the long work hours 6 days a week. It's pretty much free labour for them since I'm getting paid next to nothing but I guess no one ever said internships would be easy and at least I'll have another little line to whack onto the good ol' CV. 

Talk soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I try to reply as soon as I can to all of them. Feel free to leave your blog links, I love checking them out :)