Monday, June 3, 2013

Skincare Routine




I've been using these products for a while now and thought I'd share them with you. Here are my thoughts on my current skin are routine. By the way I have normal to dry skin. Blogging from my ipad so sorry about the picture quality. Not exactly easy to focus with an ipad. 

 Bird's Nest Nutri-Collagen & Whitening Cleanser by Bio-essence
I got this cleanser in a set with the advancer, basically their both suppose to help you get brighter/fairer skin. I haven't really noticed any difference, actually I probably just got more tanner (blame camp). The fact that I always forget to wear sunscreen doesn't help either. Other than that, it's a pretty average cleanser . It works well I ridding your face of dirt so you feel fresh and clean. Unlike my old Nivea cleanser it doesn't strip your face completely of its natural oils so that it is squeaky clean and your face feels a little tight. That's one thing I hate about some cleansers. I'm almost out of it anyways so if you guys could recommend anything else to try, please do?  It's an okay product but I wouldn't repurchase it.

Garnier Light Intensive Brightening Scrub
I bought this on a whim and it turned out to be pretty good. It has gentle micro beads to exfoliate your face and lemon essence to help with dullness. My face gets pretty dull sometimes when I'm tired so I thought that's why I chose this. This actually really helps with dullness. My face is a lot more brighter and "alive" I guess after using this. It doesn't make my face tight and it leaves it feeling refresh. I only use this once or twice a week though. 

Bird's Nest Nutri-Collagen Whitening Advancer by Bio-essence
An advancer is basically like a toner except it doesn't contain alcohol (a good thing for those with dry skin). This helps products that you need to apply after absorb into your skin faster. I pat this on and it instantly sinks on. If you put too much on, your face might feel a little sticky for a while until it all is absorbed. It acts like a primer as it's suppose to be a good base for your makeup. Using this at the end of the day will help remove any makeup left over after you cleanse your face. 

Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser 
This is amazing. I love this moisturiser. The product itself is pretty thick and kinda creamy but once you apply it, it sinks right in. My skin doesn't feel sticky or greasy at all and It keeps my skin nourished and hydrated all day. It doesn't have any kind of perfume or chemicals either so a good option for sensitive skin. 

Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Oil 
I haven't used this long enough for a proper review but I'll just say what I think so far. First of all the smell is horrible. It's sooo strong. Once you put it on your face it isn't too bad but if you have a spot near your nose (like I did) it could be a pain. I'm not too bad with smells so I could withstand it. It does fade after a while though so not a huge problem. It helps with redness and size reduction for my minor spots  but I haven't had an actual pimple yet to try it on so I don't know how we'll it gets rid of them. One thing about it is that it is pure tea tree oil so it is a multipurpose product.  


3 comments:

  1. tea tree oil is one of fave's :)

    xx Jeeshan
    www.beautydosage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simple hydrating moisturiser! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I try to reply as soon as I can to all of them. Feel free to leave your blog links, I love checking them out :)